An Overview Of CBD Oil And Diabetes
CBD may assist persons with diabetes regulate blood sugar, reduce stress and anxiety, and improve cardiovascular health, according to some study. Other research suggests that CBD may help avoid diabetes. However, scientists have only been allowed to perform human studies with CBD since 2015, thus the study is very early and much more has to be learnt. There are indications that CBD oil and diabetes are a good contrast. For example:
- People who are overweight or have type 2 diabetes have an overactive endocannabinoid system, which controls food intake and energy utilization. CBD binds to receptors in the endocannabinoid system, which explains why it has so many potential medicinal uses.
- CBD has the ability to influence a variety of parameters that lead to the development of insulin resistance, type 2 diabetes, and metabolic syndrome, according to a medical study published in 2020. These benefits include the ability to decrease inflammation and change glucose metabolism.
As a result, the following symptoms may be reduced:
- Insulin sensitivity
- Diabetes type 2
- Metabolic disorder
CBD oil and Diabetes, potential benefits
- Blood Sugar Management According to a 2016 research that looked at blood sugar levels when fasting, CBD assisted persons with type 2 diabetes better regulate their blood sugar levels when paired with a THC-based chemical (the main intoxicant in cannabis).
- Reduces the hormone resist in, which might lead to insulin resistance.
- Increases glucose-dependent insulinotropic peptide: A hormone that triggers the release of insulin, suggesting that CBD might help with some of the hormonal abnormalities that contribute to type 2 diabetes development.
- Helps nerve damage / diabetic neuropathy, it is a frequent consequence of diabetes. Pain and burning feelings, especially in the hands and feet, are common symptoms. CBD was discovered to enhance the growth of nerves and neural tissue in rats, potentially relieving nerve discomfort. 6 Although human studies on CBD’s effect on nerve pain have yet to be conducted, rat studies are thought to be a good predictor of what would be discovered in human research.
- Diabetes and Stress: When the stress chemicals cortisol and adrenaline are produced, the body responds by producing glucagon, which raises blood sugar levels. The physical symptoms of diabetes can be improved by managing worry and stress. CBD has been shown in studies to aid with anxiety symptoms. CBD may benefit those who have trouble controlling their blood sugar levels owing to the hormonal impacts of stress and anxiety.
- Sleeplessness: CBD has been shown to aid in the treatment of insomnia, which affects up to half of persons with type 2 diabetes. Improving your sleep will help you regulate your blood sugar levels, lowering your risk of diabetic complications.
- Chronic pain and inflammation: CBD has been demonstrated to successfully treat chronic pain and decrease inflammation, both of which can affect people’s quality of life when they have diabetes and its complications.
- Blood pressure: CBD oil and diabetes can be a good contrast to help lower the blood pressure, which lowers the risk of cardiovascular disease, which diabetics are more susceptible to.